|Did you know...
... what is written in the background
of the front cover of each volume of Tokyo
- The quote is from the Bible. More
precisely Revelations in the New
Testament, Genesis chapter 11.
- Now the whole world had one
language and a common speech.
- As men moved eastward, they found
a plain in Shinar and settled
- They said to each other,
"Come, let's make bricks and
bake them thoroughly." They
used brick instead of stone, and
tar for mortar. Then they said,
"Come, let us build
ourselves a city, with a tower
that reaches to the heavens, so
that we may make a name for
ourselves and not be scattered
over the face of the whole
- But the Lord came down to see the
city and the tower that the men
- The Lord said, "If as one
people speaking the same language
they have begun to do this, then
nothing they plan to do will be
impossible for them.
- Come, let us go down and confuse
their language so they will not
understand each other."
- So the Lord scattered them from
there over all the arth, and they
stopped building the city.
- That is why it was called babel -
because there the Lord confused
the language of the whole world.
- From there the Lord scattered them over
the face of the whole earth.
- This is about the construction of the
tower of Babel and thus the city of
Did you know...
... what is the chronology of the
Tokyo Babylon manga and anime?
- Manga tankouban 1-2
- OAV 1 (approximately). Hokuto uses her
"lipstick" spell (manga #2),
Seishirou uses his shiki-gami (manga #2)
- Manga tankouban 3-4
- OAV 2 (approximately). The opening
sequence is more or less straight from
manga tankouban #1 but otherwise...
Seishirou uses same method on Kumiko Nagi
(manga #4). And it would have to be
before manga #5 considering that
Seishirou's appearance hasn't changed.
- Manga tankouban 5-7
- Tokyo Babylon 1999